Growing peppers is fun and easy, you can use the seeds of organic ones you buy from the shops like hot peppers or bell peppers. I would use bell peppers to start off with!
- So first thing you need to do is to cut them in half and scrape out all of the small seeds inside. Eat the pepper now or save it for a pizza topping for later.
- Place the seeds on a plate and select the biggest ones.
- Prepare a few pots (you can make one from cutting a plastic water bottle in half) and fill up 3/4 of the way with good organic compost or nutritious dirt.
- Place a seed or two and lightly cover with compost.
- Water and keep compost moist and add a clear plastic bag to create a greenhouse effect.
- Place on top of a flannel on a radiator or in a warm room and wait for it to grow.
- After a few weeks it should grow well and needs plenty of light and feed it with Pepper Feed
- After a few months some flowers should start forming and then small immature fruits
- Then a few weeks later you will have your well deserved peppers that you grew from a shop brough fruit! Well done! Store it in a frost free place over the winter will compost and then it will carry on bearing fruits for the next few years!
Written and published by Huw at https://www.youtube.com/user/HuwsNursery