Methods of Control
I have gone around many websites and books to get you many different methods to control these pests so let's get straight to it!
- Boil 5 large cloves of garlic and a teaspoon of cayenne pepper in a litre of water for 40 minutes.
- Strain it and when it is cool use a mister bottle to spray it onto your plants.Get ladybirds from organic suppliers to eat the aphids.
- If there are only a few aphids on a plant you can pick them off and squash them by hand.
- A simple and effective way of getting rid of aphids is to spray your plants with a jet of water. The water will knock the aphids off and they will generally die before they can climb back onto the plant.
- Make a solution of 10 ml soap to 500 ml water and mist your plants with it. The soap will cause the aphids to dehydrate and die.
- Mix one cup of any type of vegetable oil with 3 cups of warm water and add half a teaspoon of dish washing liquid. Spray using a mister bottle. The oil will clog the aphids’ pores and suffocate them.
- Rub vegetable oil onto the affected parts of the plant.
- You can get rid of aphids that have colonised just one or two areas of a plant by pruning away those areas. Dispose of the infected foliage by burning if possible.
- Combine one tablespoon of canola oil with a few drops of liquid soap and a quart of water and spray onto the aphids.
- In a spray bottle combine 2 parts rubbing alcohol, 5 parts water, and 1 tablespoon liquid soap.
Here is how you make a pepper spray to spray on the aphids
So I hope all of those ideas helped answer your questions and if you have any more just post a comment underneath. Most of these methods will also work on Blackfly too. If one method doesn't work try another. I recommed spraying the plants at least 2-3 times a week.
Thanks for reading!